Assistant Manager/Manager -
Risk and Assurance
Wellington | Advisory – Consulting | Permanent Full-Time
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
This role will work closely with members of our Consulting team - who supply advisory and consulting services across New Zealand. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Our service offering and client portfolio provides an exciting and challenging environment.
- Working alongside key government agencies in Wellington, our Consulting team is seeking an experienced Assistant Manager or Manager, where you'll get a birds eye view of some of the key issues facing our clients in the 'new normal'.
- You’ll collaborate with colleagues from across the division, gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm, whilst working in a fast paced and energetic environment.
- Our teams work with boards and management to achieve optimal governance, risk and control environments that support organisations strategic and operational priorities.
Day to day you will:
- Perform reviews over high profile projects across various sectors in New Zealand, focusing on risk management, process reviews and controls.
- Manage the overall scoping, execution and delivery of a variety of internal audits as well as risk consulting projects.
- Use data to analyse trends and patterns and identify risks in processes.
- Provide practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their business processes, systems and organisation.
- Partner with technical subject matter experts to develop fit for purpose risk and control solutions.
- Participate in the career and performance development of junior team members by supervising their work, providing them with timely and specific performance feedback.
- Play a role in the development of business for the team, including identifying opportunities and pursuing them, developing thought leadership, leading client proposals and developing team capabilities.
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, expertise and judgement as well as innovative approaches.
What you'll bring to our team:
- Previous risk and assurance/internal audit experience across various industries. Ideally within a professional services firm, government agency and wider public sector, but it is not mandatory.
- The ability to analyse information quickly and efficiently, using innovative and creative solutions to solve problems.
- Oral and written communication is a key strength, including highly developed report writing along with planning, project management, relationship building, networking and influencing skills.
- A positive and flexible attitude and an enthusiasm to embrace new challenges and growth opportunities to gain experience.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and have the confidence to solve problems and fill gaps in knowledge by questioning, collaborating with others and researching technical and contractual documentation.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.