What we do
Internal auditing is an independent,objective assurance and consulting activity that strengthens and protects organisations.About Us
Internal auditors support achievement of organisation objectives with pragmatic insights that strengthen governance and improve business processes. We strive to make a positive difference from the boardroom to the front line, which maintains trust and confidence in the organisation.Find out more
What’s your potential? Rise to the call of reaching your potential by launching an internal audit career right here in New Zealand. Are you starting out in your career or getting ready to rise and side-step, taking your skills to a new challenge? Your journey into internal audit starts here with IIA NZ.Careers in Internal Audit
The Data Analytics revolution was promised decades ago but, while Data Analytics has become much more widely used, the profession has largely maintained its traditional methodology with Data Analytics being used as supplementary technique or a ‘nice to have’.
We are going to explore this a bit by examining the extent to which Data Analytics can be used completely for audits:
• Can Data Analytics completely replace traditional sampling methodology?
• Can you report the effectiveness of controls purely from automated Data Analytics tests?
• If you were making a traffic light dashboard from the results of Data Analytics tests how would you determine what is ‘red’, or ‘green’?
• How do you determine what is ‘at risk’ or not?
• Can materiality help, if so, how do we set it?
• Are we going to be out of a job?!
We can’t promise a definitive answer to the above… but we can promise a great discussion over a cup of coffee or two!
As always, we will have our Q&A session with our analytics guru Andrew Ralston so please, come down, bring your lunches and analytics questions, meet some friends, and take away some new ideas.
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you would like to share your analytics cases or have any feedback, please drop a line at Sophia.Chen@education.govt.nz.